Pullman Real Estate -- Beginning Your Online Journey to Your New Home
By Lori Cofer "Your Pullman Real Estate Connection"
Searching for a new home? Maybe it is your first home...or maybe you are relocating....where to do you begin in your search for that perfect house to call home? Here are a few tips for beginning that search that I hope you find helpful.
1. Look on-line. You have already completed this one! Why is this important? Because this will give you a general feel for price in the area. You are welcome to use my free Pullman WA MLS search to preview all homes available in the Whitman County area including Pullman Washington.
Something to remember though, there is a lot you can't see on-line. But it is a great place to start!
2. Get Pre-Approved. I know this is a hard one to get motivated to do...but a pre-approval letter is a win-win situation for YOU! Here is why:
- A pre-approval letter gives you a realistic price range and let’s you know if you have the adequate cash to buy...and if you aren't quite ready, your lender can give you advice to help you achieve your goal! Don't worry, you will get there!
- Your lender will be able to look at the various programs for which you might qualify. There are still some great options out there. But you won't know until you check it out!
- Having a pre-approval letter in hand will help you in negotiations and is one less thing you will have to worry about!
3. Find a REALTOR who understands the market in your area! Each market is unique, so you need someone who understands not only what you are looking for in a home, but a good value! For example in Pullman, we not only have a city-wide market for Pullman but four mini-markets which consists of College Hill, Military Hill, Pioneer Hill and Sunnyside Hill. Your REALTOR specializes in understanding the local market, and is your advocate through the entire process!
4. Make a list of needs versus wants. Now that you have a general idea of prices and what you can afford, you can begin the all important list of needs versus wants. This will help you and your REALTOR in the initial stages of your search. Just a few examples of things you might want to begin your list with are:
- * Square Footage
- * Price
- * Neighborhood Preferences
- * Preferences & Special Amenities
As you look at homes with your REALTOR, some of these things may change, but that is OK! Just revise the list! You and your REALTOR can change it as you go! But with a list in hand, it keeps your search less stressful, and keeps open lines of communication between you and your REALTOR.
Searching for that perfect home is an exciting time! If you considering REALTORS in the Pullman Washington area, I would love to help!
Lori Cofer REALTOR
About the Author: The above piece was provided as a community service by Lori Cofer, a local Pullman WA Real Estate Agent. Lori can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 509-330-0086. Lori is happy to assist you in all your Pullman real estate and Moscow Real Estate needs. Lori is "Your Pullman WA Real Estate Connection!"